Strathpeffer Science and Eco Day Saturday 20 April Community Centre
14 April 2019
Strathpeffer Community Centre 10.00 - 2.00
Cameron Duncan, Strathpeffer Saves Development Officer, writes
"This year sees a key focus on Food - Eco, Climate change and Sustainable living and will include:-
- Public screening of the ground breaking film 'In Our Hands' and discussion.
- Presentation from Senior Scientist, Robyn Plaice-Inglis from Cellucomp Ltd – talking about pioneering Scottish technologies making ‘plastic replacement’ from the humble carrot and sugar beet.
- Presentation by Shieling Project (nr Beauly) on sustainable living off grid and their educational work with children and young people and adults.
- Beekeeping and role of bees in our environment
- Strathpeffer Grows – community food growing
- Strathpeffer Cooks – community eco cooking
"Eco transport and lots more besides - detailed programme to follow!"
- 14/04/2019 Strathpeffer Science and Eco Day Saturday 20 April Community Centre
- 14/04/2019 Culbokie Community Market Saturday 20 April
- 08/04/2019 Grow North Session 2 Saturday 13 April Redcastle - Create your own Wormery PLACES STILL AVAILABLE
- 06/04/2019 Cromarty Community Market Saturday 13 April
- 04/04/2019 'There is no Planet B' - North Berwick pupils have their say
- 28/03/2019 Young Climate Change protesters meet Scottish Parliament committee
- 16/03/2019 Site visit and opposition evidence at Coul Links planning enquiry
- 15/03/2019 #YouthStrike4Climate - Another day of Climate Change protest by young people
- 12/03/2019 Scotland a Good Food Nation?
- 18/02/2019 Coul Links golf course planning enquiry opens