Black Isle and Inverness bus service changes January 2019
05 November 2018
Consultation closes Friday 16 November.
A range of changes is proposed to Black Isle and Inverness bus services, to take effect in January 2019. The main element of the changes is the transfer of all but one of the public service contracts currently held by D&E Coaches to Stagecoach, together with mainly minor changes to some services, including a slightly improved commuter service between Inverness and Culbokie. This takes the form of a direct service via Tore from Culbokie to Inverness at 07.50 and a return leaving Inverness at 17.35. (View all the Black Isle timetables here and look for service 22).
There has been a later update to the timetables for services 21 Dingwall-Cromarty and 22 Inverness-Culbokie. Differences from the full draft timetable linked to above are shown in red. The main points about these changes are:
- Cromarty to Dingwall – Timing adjustments to accommodate the earlier closure on Fridays at Dingwall academy.
- Inverness to Culbokie - Timing adjustments to accommodate the earlier closure on Fridays at Dingwall academy.
- Also the introduction of experimental direct commuter service from Culbokie to Inverness. This is a service which Stagecoach will be operating on a commercial basis – and will continue subject to usage."
The Press & Journal published an article on the proposed changes on 3 November.
A consultation on the proposed changes has now started and is open until Friday 16 November - so you don't have very long to check them out and submit your views. Links to draft timetables for all the affected routes can be found here, together with information on how to take part in the consultation, which is reproduced below.
"All proposed timetables are available to download from the links below. Feedback can be given via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Inverness Bus Station marked FAO Timetable Consultation. All feedback received will be reviewed ahead of the proposals being finalised for completing the official registration process with the Traffic Commissioner. Following the consultation, the final timetables will be available to download from Monday 17th December and printed copies will be available in the Travel Shop between Christmas and New Year."
- 05/11/2018 Black Isle and Inverness bus service changes January 2019
- 26/10/2018 2019 Community Markets leaflet available now
- 26/10/2018 TBI Website Produce Exchange now open
- 22/10/2018 BITT October Bulletin
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in