Dave Greer writes about installing infrared heating in his North Kessock home.
“The Future of Heating!” That was the title of the article which unexpectedly caught my eye earlier this year. (2017)
My wife and I had been seeking advice on potential heating methods for our house to augment our trusty but antiquated solid fuel stove fed central heating system. We had become used after 30+ years in the Highlands and old cottages, to lighting a fire of some kind before heat was available in our various homes. This is fine, but as one gets older the novelty of coming in after a day’s work to a freezing house and the task of lighting a stove before any heat is available wears off!
Read about Dave's infrared heating installation.
- Thursday 30 January
- 19:00 'Our Common Home' Inverness Study for Action Session Part 2
- Saturday 1 February
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Sunday 2 February
- 20:00 'Thick Skin, Elastic Heart' Stables Cromarty 8.00
- 11:30 Culbokie Community Orienteering Event - Volunteers needed
- Tuesday 4 February
- 19:00 This Changes Everything film Muir Hub 7.00
- Saturday 8 February
- 12:00 Greenpeace Protect the Oceans event North Kessock
- Sunday 9 February
- NA Amy La Vere and Will Sexton at Resolis
- Saturday 15 February
- NA Cromarty Arts Trust Willow work and Basketry workshop
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory