Grow North 2020
- a series of workshops for the inexperienced or experienced related to growing or making your own
- a chance for guidance from experienced tutors, along with hands-on practice
- opportunities to meet and exchange tips with others, share ideas
- tea/coffee provided
Cost: By donation (Suggest £5-£10 per session)
Children under 16 free with accompanying adult
To book sessions or find out more, email email@example.com
(Booking important as sessions will need minimum numbers to go ahead)
For more detail on a workshop
check www.transitionblackisle.org events calendar nearer the date.
The 2020 programme
will start on Sunday 15 March. A full programme is in preparation.
Grow North session 1
Coppicing and tool care
Sunday 15 March 10.00 - 1.00 at Lesley Robb's house
Greenhill Steading, Greenhill, Culbokie IV7 8JZ (map below)
Tutor: Fiona (Fuggo) King
As the new growing year starts its really important to have your tools properly prepared and sharpened. This is an opportunity to bring along tools and be shown how to care for them, and learn how to sharpen them. Hand tools you might want to sharpen are eg billhook, loppers, secateurs, garden shears. Also bring along tools that don't need sharpening eg bow saw (with a blade for green wood), pruning saw, billhook or similar tool. If you have any files (flat or round) bring those - this will allow the group to look at the range of what is available. Fuggo will bring a small selection of tools and sharpeners so everyone can have a go with them.
The group will spend some time sharpening first and then coppice some hazel. This will be followed by processing what has been cut and then looking at uses for the wood.
What to bring:- a good pair of work gloves; warm clothes and sturdy boots. Tools you have in relation to above and want sharpened. Not saws - these will not be sharpened on the day, but Fuggo will have some relevant information to take away for those who'd like it.
Cost:- by donation (suggest £5-£10 per person)
Booking your place is essential :- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tea/coffee partway through the workshop.
This workshop not suitable for children.
- Thursday 27 February
- 19:00 Common Weal / InverYESs Study for Action workshop
- Friday 28 February
- 19:30 Muir Movies - Rocketman
- Saturday 29 February
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Monday 2 March
- NA Week 2 of Fairtrade Fortnight - to Sunday 8 March
- Wednesday 4 March
- 19:00 Film 'Everyday Rebellion' Muir Hub 7.00
- Friday 6 March
- 19:30 Resolis CA Talks - '. .Rosemarkie Man' & '. .the Lighthouse Men'
- Saturday 7 March
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres Cafe Collective
- 10:00 Cromarty Arts Trust Sewing weekend
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory