Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED spotlights help hospital reduce bills
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Energy Group -> Saving EnergyMessage format

chrysanthy
Posted 2012-03-09 07:09 (#931)
Subject: LED spotlights help hospital reduce bills

Hospitality industry is a sector with significant potential to make large energy savings. Lighting is one of the most impactful ways of doing this. A new LED Spotlights dimming feature aimed at decreasing the hospitality industry’s carbon footprint, as well as its energy bills saying an energy-saving of more than 80%. This LED lamps not only light amount but also color temperature. When dimmed, the light gets warmer, creating an intimate atmosphere and radiating a warm and soft light, similar to that produced by incandescent and halogen lamps.
This LED lamps can meet the need to provide a solution for spaces with high daily light burning hours and create a retaining an inviting atmosphere for guests. Also they have a significantly longer life span than traditional lighting solutions, 20 000 hours longer than traditional lamps, thus can lower maintenance costs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Martin
Posted 2012-03-09 09:08 (#932 - in reply to #931)
Subject: Re: LED spotlights help hospital reduce bills

Veteran

Seems a bit of a misleading post to me, are we talking about hospitals or hospitality? What would be much more interesting would be someone marketing low-energy lighting based on the user's requirements, rather than what the lamps can do. Has anyone found a good source?
chrysanthy
Posted 2012-03-09 09:26 (#933 - in reply to #932)

Martin - 9/3/2012 17:08

Seems a bit of a misleading post to me, are we talking about hospitals or hospitality? What would be much more interesting would be someone marketing low-energy lighting based on the user's requirements, rather than what the lamps can do. Has anyone found a good source?

Sorry for that. i should type "hospital"
I think "marketing low-energy lighting based on the user's requirements" and "what the lamps can do"(here refers to energy saving also many other functions)are both good considerations for users.do you agree with this?

Edited by chrysanthy 2012-03-09 09:30
Soo Hyun
Posted 2012-06-15 03:39 (#1026 - in reply to #931)
Subject: RE: LED spotlights help hospital reduce bills

Answer: LED light is different from fluorescent. The light it emits acts more like particle light. Think of it as millions of teeny tiny BBs striking your countertops and giving back light that you can see (visible secondary radiation). They don't bounce around much after they strike, so there is very little glow (ambience) with LED.
Fluorescent light is more like waves in your bathtub bouncing all over until they lose their energy. This creates a lot of glow (ambience). You can see the undersides of shelves better with fluorescent lighting. It is hard to beat fluorescent lighting for overall light per watt of electricity, but LEDs are the champions of point source light because they can be seen miles away.
LEDs are chips (like computer chips). They can outlast almost any bulb. There are peaches and lemons in all products. Who knows how long a peach LED could last. OOOOH! I like that: No bulb replacement. Just add an additional light fixture. You can afford it with the savings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
LED Panel Light LED Downlights led lamps bulbs
Martin
Posted 2012-06-15 09:02 (#1027 - in reply to #1026)

Veteran

Soo Hyun, are you trying to sell something by any chance?
shangshi119
Posted 2012-08-28 12:31 (#1110 - in reply to #1026)
Subject: RE: LED spotlights help hospital reduce bills

Soo Hyun - 15/6/2012 03:39

Answer: LED light is different from fluorescent. The light it emits acts more like particle light. Think of it as millions of teeny tiny BBs striking your countertops and giving back light that you can see (visible secondary radiation). They don't bounce around much after they strike, so there is very little glow (ambience) with LED.
Fluorescent light is more like waves in your bathtub bouncing all over until they lose their energy. This creates a lot of glow (ambience). You can see the undersides of shelves better with fluorescent lighting. It is hard to beat fluorescent lighting for overall light per watt of electricity, but LEDs are the champions of point source light because they can be seen miles away.
LEDs are chips (like computer chips). They can outlast almost any bulb. There are peaches and lemons in all products. Who knows how long a peach LED could last. OOOOH! I like that: No bulb replacement. Just add an additional light fixture. You can afford it with the savings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
LED strip LED Downlights led lamps bulbs

i think you may write it for you web .or you can get it in your facebook
Anne Thomas
Posted 2012-09-14 15:55 (#1126 - in reply to #931)

Extreme Veteran

I've just got 2 LED strip lights to replace our kitchen and utility ones. They are still quite expensive but should last a lot longer. The others seemed to be lasting about 3 years. I estimate payback time to be about 6 years. They are said to use 70% less light. They were very easy to replace. A screw in thing the same shape as the starter motor bypasses this as they don't need starter motor.
LED spot lights and standard bulb replacements use about half the watts of compact fluorescents and a tenth of that of halogens or incandescents. They can now be about £4-5 so although more expensive they will pay for themselves pretty quickly. Definitely worth replacing halogens and incandescents and CFLs as they go. It's worth trying one light to see if the light is what you want before getting a whole lot.
http://www.foe-invernessandross.org.uk/keep-the-heat-in-campaign/lo...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software