Goodbye Heart and Soul, goodbye Inner Transition, hullo Active Hope
John Wood
Posted 2014-02-19 16:21 (#1388)
Subject: Goodbye Heart and Soul, goodbye Inner Transition, hullo Active Hope

Regular

After much discussion and consideration I am proposing to cease the 'Heart and Soul' group, otherwise known as 'Inner Transition'. Neither of these titles really adequately described the aims or objectives of this group and we struggled to take it forward effectively without a more structured approach.

I am now proposing to replace this with a new initiative called Active Hope. This is the title of a book by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone, and the plan is to make this a reading group and to work through the book Active Hope, taking a chapter at a time and including some of the practices recommended there as we go along. For more information on Active Hope and its authors, see http://www.activehope.info. Joanna Macy has been involved in the Transition movement from the beginning.

The group will be open to all, regardless of background, including those who have not previously come across Joanna Macy's Work That Reconnects. We want to experiment positively with this approach, including trying some practical exercises that can help sustain our energy and morale at this time of great change in the world, so an interest in engaging constructively with Joanna Macy's Work that reconnects will be essential. This will not be a philosophical discussion group, or a platform for negativity!

At present the idea is to start after Easter on 24 April, and then meet monthly on a Thursday evening, we hope in various private houses and moving around the Black Isle. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact me

best wishes

John Wood
Top of the page Bottom of the page
russd
Posted 2016-12-05 11:06 (#1586 - in reply to #1388)
Subject: RE: Goodbye Heart and Soul, goodbye Inner Transition, hullo Active Hope

Did the active hope group run? Really good idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page