Kessock Bridge works
Anne Thomas
Posted 2013-01-18 16:05 (#1178)
Subject: Kessock Bridge works

Extreme Veteran

Courier today (18th Jan) has a nice picture of Marion holding up a Highland.liftshare.com sign as part of the description of the UHI meeting and write up about the bridge works.

There is also an article about a proposal to make the speed limit permanently 50. I'd have thought that would have been a good idea anyway as more efficient and there is often a lot of wind, so this would be safer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
glacio
Posted 2013-01-29 13:06 (#1185 - in reply to #1178)
Subject: RE: Kessock Bridge works

I wonder how much the priority lane for buses will encourage more to use the buses into Inverness. I suspect that if motorists are really held up they will look on the buses on the priority lane with envy, and start a train of thought that can only be beneficial.........
Anne Thomas
Posted 2013-02-09 06:31 (#1198 - in reply to #1178)
Subject: Re: Kessock Bridge works

Extreme Veteran

Here are details from Transerve about arrangements. Cycle route, though longer should be do-able. Walkers do have quite a lot further to go and we have queried them on this.
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&i...
Bob Bull
Posted 2013-02-20 11:48 (#1210 - in reply to #1178)
Subject: RE: Kessock Bridge works

New user

My road has become a rat run at rush hour. No response to requests my neighbours and I have made for a reduced speed limit/ warning signs.

One of my staff who cycles to work may change to a car as she finds the extra distance and hills to get off the bridge on this side, and the pack of cars hurtling down this road a problem