Chanonry Point 2019
Sarah Atkin of Fortrose and Rosemarkie Community Council, has provided the following information for visitors to Chanonry point. She emphasises that the Community Council is keen to discourage car use or at least reduce it - hence the encouragement to walk to the point from Fortrose or Rosemarkie, and the provision of a shuttle bus in the peak tourist period of July and August.
- Getting there
Public Transport: service bus 26 A/B/C Inverness – Cromarty will take you to Fortrose and/or Rosemarkie. See www.travelinescotland.com for timetable.
By car: from the north follow the A832 at Tore roundabout. From the south A9/B9161/A832 (or follow the A9 to the Tore roundabout.)
There is limited parking space at Chanonry Point and time-limited parking charges.
- Parking charges: 1st March – 31st October, 9am – 5pm 7 days per week. 3 hour maximum stay. No return 1 hour.
Up to an hour = £1.00. Up to 2 hours = £2.00. Up to 3 hours = £3.00. Free to disabled badge holders.
Caravans, coaches and trailers prohibited at all times. Campervans/vehicles adapted for sleeping prohibited from 9pm – 8am. PCN notices will be issued if a contravention is recorded.
Parking in both villages is FREE.
- Park & Stroll: it’s less than a mile to walk along the beach from Rosemarkie.
- Shuttle Bus: a FREEservice will run on a loop during July / August from 11.30am – 4.30pm, approx. every 30 minutes. Start: Marine Terrace (Rosemarkie) -Chanonry Point –Ness Road - Fortrose Station Square/High Street – Marine Terrace (Rosemarkie).
- There are no toilet facilities at Chanonry Point. Public toilets can be located in Rosemarkie (Car Park opposite The Plough Inn, and Beach Café) and Fortrose (Leisure Centre/Library)
- Saturday 15 August
- 10:30 IncrEdible Inverness - IncrEdible Mintyness
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 22 August
- NA Nairn and District Gardening Club 38th Annual Show CANCELLED
- Saturday 29 August
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 5 September
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 12 September
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
- Tuesday 15 September
- NA Active Travel Conference Perth - CANCELLED
- Saturday 19 September
- NA European Day of Sustainable Communities 2020
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory