Food waste Action Week 2023
10 March 2023
Monday 6 - Sunday 12 March
The Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) has announced its third campaign week, concentrating on food waste.
We're working to halve food waste by 2030
4.5 million tonnes of edible food is thrown away each year by UK households. Shockingly, 25% of this wasted food is due to cooking, preparing or serving too much - this costs UK households £3.5 billion each year.
That is why Love Food Hate Waste is dedicating a whole week of action to shining a light on how simple behaviours to reduce food waste can save time and money. This will ultimately reduce the impact of food waste on climate change.
- Wednesday 22 March
- 16:30 BI Local Place Plan local consultation - Munlochy
- 18:00 Opportunity Cromarty Firth - Green Freeport webinar
- 10:00 SCCAN Annual Gathering Edinburgh
- Thursday 23 March
- 10:15 CSI Ross-Shire AGM 2023
- 10:00 Scottish Government Resilient Communities workshops
- Friday 24 March
- NA Climate Week North East - to Sunday 2 April
- Saturday 25 March
- 12:00 Raasay Community Climate Festival
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe Cromarty
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
TBI Business Directory
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory
- Accommodation (3)
- Crafts (9)
- Health and fitness (8)
- Home improvements (16)
- Local food suppliers (17)
- Miscellaneous (36)
- Renewable energy (17)