Transition Summit - Connecting the Threads
19 March 2021, Starts: 19:00, Ends: 21:00
Connecting the threads
7.00 - 9.00
Join us for a fun Friday evening to get to know each other better, reflect on the summit so far, and connect community led movements with the bigger picture of change happening in the UK.
We will kick off the evening with some 'speed mating' because hey its a Friday night during lockdown and its nice to have the chance to build relationships and get to know other summit participants a bit better.
We will then be joined by Andrew Simms, author, analyst and co-director of the New Weather Institute and a panel of keynote listeners to help us reflect upon the common themes and threads that have been emerging throughout the summit, and understand what steps we might take next in the context of 'rapid transition' and the wider political and progressive landscape in the UK.
Full information for this week from Transition Network.
To connect, discuss and carry on conversations on this topic after this session join this group.
- Saturday 8 May
- NA Inverness Science Festival Family Day 2
- Monday 10 May
- 19:00 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Wednesday 12 May
- 18:30 Planet Sutherland Permaculture event
- 16:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Health and Well-being
- 14:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Education and training
- Thursday 13 May
- 16:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Community Resilience
- 14:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Local Food Economy
- 19:30 National Museum of Scotland - Secrets of the Rosemarkie Sunfish
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory