'Economics for Activists' 5 - Nancy Folbre
09 March 2021, Starts: 19:30, Ends: 21:00
Tuesday 9 March 7.30 - 9.00 by Zoom
The fifth 'Economics for Activists' session with acclaimed feminist economist Nancy Folbre on care, intersectionality and the economy
Nancy Folbre will present a view of economics from a feminist perspective, with a focus on the care economy - unpaid and paid care provision. She’ll help us think about the important economic contributions made by families and communities and the failure to measure them properly; and the shortcomings of the standard “business model” based on profit maximization and consumer choice for care services through the market.
She is Director of the Program on Gender and Care Work at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and is the author of a number of books including:
- The Rise and Decline of Patriarchal Systems: An Intersectional Political Economy
- Greed, Lust, and Gender: A History of Economic Ideas
- Valuing Children: Rethinking the Economics of the Family
- The Invisible Heart: Economics and Family Values
- Thursday 22 April
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online
- 19:30 Skye Climate Action election 2021 hustings
- Saturday 24 April
- 20:00 Resolis Community Arts - Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas
- Monday 26 April
- 14:15 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- NA 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Tuesday 27 April
- 18:00 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Wednesday 28 April
- NA Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Friday 30 April
- NA IMFLDP Consultation closes 5.00
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory