Transition Summit - Rob Hopkins - Cultivating everyday imagination
10 March 2021, Starts: 19:00, Ends: 21:00
In this first session, host Rob Hopkins will be joined by three outstanding guests to explore how, as individuals, we might boost our capacity to think outside the box, to question what's in front of us, and to harness the power of What If to rethink and reimagine our lives. What are the skills, the tools, the resources that can help? What if we resolved to become the people in our families, our friendship groups, our communities, our organisations, who are confident and skilled in proudly speaking up for a different vision of how the future could be?
Our guests will be renegade scientist, systems designer and social entrepreneur Phoebe Tickell, educator, poet and author Suhaiymah Manzoor-Khan and Tom Doust of the Institute of Imagination. Are we just selfish individuals in an uncaring society, or connected beings capable of living lives rich in imagination, playfulness and a well-nourished creativity? Our three speakers will leave you feeling alive with possibility.
To connect, discuss and carry on conversations on this topic after this session join this group.
Register for the summit (only required once)
View and download the full programme, with joining links.
- Thursday 22 April
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online
- 19:30 Skye Climate Action election 2021 hustings
- Saturday 24 April
- 20:00 Resolis Community Arts - Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas
- Monday 26 April
- 14:15 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- NA 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Tuesday 27 April
- 18:00 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Wednesday 28 April
- NA Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Friday 30 April
- NA IMFLDP Consultation closes 5.00
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory