Transition summit - Making sense of the Climate Emergency
04 March 2021, Starts: 19:00, Ends: 21:00
Thursday 4 March 7.00 - 9.00
What is the current state of play in the movements pushing for deep and meaningful action on climate change? What does the best science available to us tell us about our likelihood of success and how we might campaign most skillfully?
We will be joined by Michael Mann, one of the world’s leading climate scientists and author of ‘The New Climate War’, Anna Bullen from Zero Carbon Britain, Lola Fayokun from UK Student Climate Network and writer, actor and climate activist Sam Knights to try to get a clear picture of where we are, what climate action looks and feels like and what appear to be the most skillful and promising ways forward.
To connect, discuss and carry on conversations on this topic after this session join this group.
Register for the summit (only required once)
Join this event (RSVP on the event page)
View and download the full programme, with joining links.
- Thursday 4 March
- 19:00 Transition summit - Making sense of the Climate Emergency
- NA SFHA / Changeworks virtual conference - 'Housing now, Housing's future'
- Friday 5 March
- 09:30 Transition summit - What is breaking through as the food system breaks down?
- Saturday 6 March
- 11:00 Climate Change Garden - The Fairtrade Foundation
- 09:30 Transition summit - Does environmental sustainability have a problem with social justice?
- Monday 8 March
- 16:00 A New vision for Land Use in Scotland - Scottish Ecological design Association
- Tuesday 9 March
- 19:30 'Economics for Activists' 5 - Nancy Folbre
- 09:30 Transition summit - What if... Neighbourhood Democracy!
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory