Introduction to Seed Saving in Scotland SOLD OUT
20 February 2021, Starts: 11:00, Ends: 14:00
Saturdays 23 January & 20 February 11.00 - 2.00 online
The Gaia Foundation Seed production training courses for 2021
With the Seed Sovereignty programme planning for another 3 years, an ambitious seed training programme will be rolled out in Scotland over two years. These courses aim to train seed savers in Scotland to a professional level. The focus is primarilly on vegetable seeds and specifically for Scottish growing conditions.
More information This event is now sold out. The course will be repeated later in the year.
The Gaia Foundation is passionate about regenerating cultural and biological diversity, and restoring a respectful relationship with the Earth. Together with long-term partners in Africa, South America, Asia and Europe, we work with local communities to secure land, seed, food and water sovereignty. By reviving indigenous knowledge and protecting sacred natural sites, local self-governance is strengthened. This enables communities to become more resilient to climate change and the industrial processes which have caused the many crises we now face.
- Thursday 4 March
- 19:00 Transition summit - Making sense of the Climate Emergency
- NA SFHA / Changeworks virtual conference - 'Housing now, Housing's future'
- Friday 5 March
- 09:30 Transition summit - What is breaking through as the food system breaks down?
- Saturday 6 March
- 11:00 Climate Change Garden - The Fairtrade Foundation
- 09:30 Transition summit - Does environmental sustainability have a problem with social justice?
- Monday 8 March
- 16:00 A New vision for Land Use in Scotland - Scottish Ecological design Association
- Tuesday 9 March
- 19:30 'Economics for Activists' 5 - Nancy Folbre
- 09:30 Transition summit - What if... Neighbourhood Democracy!
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory