'Peas Please' Online workshop/ discussion on sourcing fresh food
22 April 2020, Starts: 19:30
An event promoted by Nourish Scotland, an NGO campaigning on food justice, which is the Scotland partner on the Food Foundation UK 'Peas Please' initiative to help people access and eat more veg, both for healthy body and planet.
It was designed as face-to-face interactive workshop, but in the current situation we will instead be running a modified version online with Zoom.
Numbers are to be limited to fifteen and if you want to join you should sign up either on the TBI Facebook page
or email Martin Sherring at email@example.com .
Joining details will be sent to participants nearer the time.
Simon Kenton-lake, of Peas Please, writes
"From January to May this year we will be working with community groups across Scotland to host a Peas Please event to talk about some of the problems we have in Scotland sourcing and eating good food, specifically fresh veg. The session format is really an informal chat with some props and short videos lasting about an hour. If afterwards anybody who is interested or inspired to do something more on the food issues that matter to them then we'd encourage them to become Veg Advocates."
- Saturday 16 January
- 10:00 Culbokie outdoor market resumes
- Monday 18 January
- 13:00 Highland Good Food Conference - Session 2
- Thursday 21 January
- 19:30 TBI Admin meeting online 7.30
- 19:00 Release of 'This Good Earth' documentary
- Monday 25 January
- 13:00 Highland Good Food Conference - Session 3
- Tuesday 26 January
- 19:30 Economics for Activists 3 - Beth Stratford
- Monday 1 February
- 13:00 Highland Good Food Conference - Session 4
- Thursday 4 February
- 09:30 SFHA / Changeworks virtual conference - 'Housing now, Housing's future'
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory