2019 Grow North + Workshop 4 'Wax cloth making'
- Transition Black Isle
22 June 2019, Starts: 10:00, Ends: 13:00
Saturday 22 June 10am-1pm
Venue: Findon Hall, Culbokie
'Wax cloth making'
Do away with clingfilm which harms the environment, use recyclable wax cloths instead. And why buy them when you can easily make your own ?
The session will be a hands on tutorial in how to make your own wax cloths. You will leave with at least one or two and be confident to make more on your own.
We'll include discussion of the usefulness and benefits of beeswaxed cloth, how to make best use of them.
You'll need to bring cotton cloth (eg old shirts and blouses can be recycled),and your own iron.
Beeswax pellets will be provided but there will be a charge to cover the cost of this, over and above the usual donation suggested for attending a Grow North workshop.
Cost: by donation (suggest £5-£10)
Booking essential (numbers limited) : email email@example.com
- Saturday 15 August
- 10:30 IncrEdible Inverness - IncrEdible Mintyness
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 22 August
- NA Nairn and District Gardening Club 38th Annual Show CANCELLED
- Saturday 29 August
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 5 September
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 12 September
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
- Tuesday 15 September
- NA Active Travel Conference Perth - CANCELLED
- Saturday 19 September
- NA European Day of Sustainable Communities 2020
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory