2019 Grow North + Workshop 4 'Wax cloth making'
- Transition Black Isle
22 June 2019, Starts: 10:00, Ends: 13:00
Saturday 22 June 10am-1pm
Venue: Findon Hall, Culbokie
'Wax cloth making'
Do away with clingfilm which harms the environment, use recyclable wax cloths instead. And why buy them when you can easily make your own ?
The session will be a hands on tutorial in how to make your own wax cloths. You will leave with at least one or two and be confident to make more on your own.
We'll include discussion of the usefulness and benefits of beeswaxed cloth, how to make best use of them.
You'll need to bring cotton cloth (eg old shirts and blouses can be recycled),and your own iron.
Beeswax pellets will be provided but there will be a charge to cover the cost of this, over and above the usual donation suggested for attending a Grow North workshop.
Cost: by donation (suggest £5-£10)
Booking essential (numbers limited) : email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 16 June
- NA 'The Story of Plastic' film discussion - Skye Climate Action
- Tuesday 22 June
- 19:30 SCCAN/TBI/Pebble Trust - Food Alliances: Early Lessons from Highland Good Food
- Tuesday 6 July
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online (?)
- Saturday 31 July
- NA CCT Black Isle Photographic Competition closes
- Sunday 1 August
- NA Climate Fèis: Skye, Raasay and Lochalsh - all month
- Saturday 14 August
- 14:00 Black Isle Horticultural Society Summer show 2021
- Thursday 4 November
- NA Cycling Scotland Conference 2021
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory