Ross-shire Science and Eco Day Strathpeffer
20 April 2019, Starts: 10:00, Ends: 14:00
Strathpeffer Community Centre 10-00 - 2.00
Cameron Duncan, Strathpeffer Saves Development Officer, writes
"This year sees a key focus on Food - Eco, Climate change and Sustainable living and will include:-
- Public screening of the ground breaking film 'In Our Hands' and discussion.
- Presentation from Senior Scientist, Robyn Plaice-Inglis from Cellucomp Ltd – talking about pioneering Scottish technologies making ‘plastic replacement’ from the humble carrot and sugar beet.
- Presentation by Shieling Project (nr Beauly) on sustainable living off grid and their educational work with children and young people and adults.
- Beekeeping and role of bees in our environment
- Strathpeffer Grows – community food growing
- Strathpeffer Cooks – community eco cooking
"Eco transport and lots more besides - detailed programme to follow!"
- Monday 17 June
- NA Soil Association Crofting event on Lismore
- Friday 21 June
- NA Midsummer Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 22 June
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 4 'Wax cloth making'
- Saturday 29 June
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Saturday 6 July
- NA Edinburgh Climate Festival in the Meadows
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Saturday 13 July
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 July
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory