Transition Network Survey reflects TBI concerns
16 November 2017
Nicola Hillary, of the Transition Network, has sent an email with a summary analysis of replies received so far to a Survey TN set up last month "to get feedback from the movement about what is happening for Transition groups". The survey asked respondents about the extent of their involvement with the Transition movement, and then put three open-ended questions seeking their views on this involvement:
. . . where do you see the most energy and potential for positive change?
. . . what are you currently finding most challenging and why?
What are your key learnings from being involved in Transition?
An interesting aspect of the responses is the degree to which the views expressed about the potential for Transition and the perceived problems correspond to those held by the TBI directors and many of our members. The leading topics for potential activity were Community, and Food projects; and clearly heading the list of problems were
"Engaging with the wider community, when the wider community is busy or unwilling"
"Finding ways to get more people involved in the core group".
- 20/05/2018 North Kessock Community Market Saturday 26 May
- 18/05/2018 BI Horticultural Society Plant & Produce Sale Saturday 26 May
- 16/05/2018 GROW Observatory experimental growing projects in Austria
- 24/04/2018 Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
- 20/04/2018 Successful Transition Scotland Gathering at Dunbar
- 18/04/2018 Culbokie looking for Challengers!
- 16/04/2018 Cruise berths expansion proposed for Invergordon
- 24/03/2018 Gardeners - Help is at hand!
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 14/03/2018 Liftshare 20 years old this year