Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

banking enquiry- My letter to Charles Kennedy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Forums -> WorldwatchMessage format

Anne Thomas
Posted 2012-07-03 15:12 (#1051)
Subject: banking enquiry- My letter to Charles Kennedy

Extreme Veteran

38 degrees are having a campaign. Here is my submission

I am pleased that an inquiry into banking has been announced. But I'm concerned it may not have real teeth. The problems with our banking system have severely affected all of us. They are far too important to become a political football.

Please can you assure me that you will do all you can as my MP to call for an independent and wide-ranging banking inquiry?

As you said when you did the debate with Mandy Meikle politicians have to say that they are in favour of growth but we cannot have infinite growth on a finite planet and we're already digging deep into our planet's ecological savings. The current financial system is based on debt and debt needs to be fed by growth. Only way to stop the treadmill is to allow organisations to go bust regularly which we're now reluctant to do.

We urgently need a new economic model. The old one is broken let's not continue to pour billions into fixing it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
David Franklin
Posted 2012-07-04 14:34 (#1056 - in reply to #1051)
Subject: Re: banking enquiry- My letter to Charles Kennedy

Regular

Well said..
All the "too big to fails" should have been allowed to fail back in 2008 (ie Banks and Car companies)
Anne Thomas
Posted 2012-07-06 09:33 (#1062 - in reply to #1051)
Subject: Re: banking enquiry- My letter to Charles Kennedy

Extreme Veteran

This seems to be the missing piece of the jigsaw. I was wondering why capitalism seems to have worked up till recently. 'Too big to fail' doesn't work with the current model.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software