Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rural road speed limits
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other Groups and Forums -> TransportMessage format

Penny
Posted 2012-05-23 08:37 (#995)
Subject: Rural road speed limits

Regular

At the Ferintosh Community Council meeting on Monday night, one of the residents highlighted the issue of speeding on Black Isle roads and proposed a 50 mph speed limit. This was discussed and the particular issue of the safety of single track rural roads in relation to cycling and walking was considered. I suggested that a lower speed limit would be appropriate on these roads - more like 40 (but even less might be better). It seems that, if enought local people lobby for local speed limits, these can be considered. I've certainly seen them working elsewhere.

Might this be something for our transport project to campaign on? It would be a relatively cheap way of making the roads safer for cyclists but I don't really know how it could be enforced.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Anne Thomas
Posted 2012-06-01 01:04 (#1005 - in reply to #995)
Subject: Re: Rural road speed limits

Extreme Veteran

I think it would definitely be worth campaigning for a 40 mile speed limit on the single track roads which are part of the national cycle network. Probably a speed limit sign would be enough.
mikey9
Posted 2012-07-08 20:02 (#1073 - in reply to #1005)

We are looking at "20" for the roads through the centre of Muir of Ord......
Anne Thomas
Posted 2012-07-09 01:30 (#1074 - in reply to #995)

Extreme Veteran

I've suggested a 20 mile speed limit through North Kessock in my response to the Inner Moray Firth Local Development plan. I just concentrated on this village. Maybe this limit should be more widespread for all the Black Isle villages. I think the cheapest way of enforcing this would be simple signs and possibly the smiley face ones. Road calming is often a hazard to cyclists and humps are a real problem for anyone with back or arthritis problems.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software